Cynthia Papierniak, Coordinator
This festival is designed to encourage students to write their own music, enjoy the creative process, and share their composition with others.
Fee: $30 per manuscript ($35 per manuscript for non-member of CAMTA)
Extended Registration Deadline: March 21, 2018
– No student age or grade requirements. The Festival is open to teachers and adults.
– No requirements as to form, length, or genre.
– Compositions must be in the student’s own handwriting or in a computer print-out personally produced by the composer.
Piano or Instrumental: No requirements as to choice of instrument(s).
Songwriting: Words for songs must be original or in the public domain. Songwriting may be collaborative; lyrics and music may be composed by two or more persons.
- Recording: send by .mp3 file. No visual formats, DVD’s or YouTube. No recordings with label identifying composer.
- Manuscript: Only title and age on manuscript. Please number measures. Send manuscript by .pdf file as email attachment
When: Saturday, April 14, 2018
Where: PianoForte Chicago, 1335 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60605
All students will have the opportunity to perform and discuss their composition and will receive written critiques.
To Register for the CAMTA Composition Festival:
1. Email the following information to
Cynthia Papierniak – firstname.lastname@example.org
An email confirmation will serve as your receipt of entry.
Registration, payment, receipt of manuscript and recording all must be received by deadline.
2. Payment by check OR online.
Checks should be made out to “CAMTA” and sent to:
Cynthia Papierniak, 607 S. Highland Ave., Oak Park, IL 60304
To pay online: teachers should pay for all of their students with one payment. If you use ONLINE BANKING, use email@example.com as the recipient. Please put COMPOSITION and the teacher name in the message field. CAMTA prefers this method, as there is no fee for the transaction.
OR PAYPAL (CAMTA incurs a fee for using this service). Click the “donate” button below. It will prompt you to log in to PayPal. Once you’re in, please “donate” the amount due from your teacher registration form.