Terry Tennes, coordinator
Featured Guest Artists: Mike Smith Quartet
Where: Jazz Showcase, 806 S. Plymouth Ct., Chicago, IL 60605
Fee: $25 each solo performer or duet with teacher; $20 each ensemble performer;
($30 solo/$25 ensemble for non-member of CAMTA)
Teachers non-volunteer fee of $10
Deadline: October 8, 2018
Tickets will not be mailed to teachers. Tickets will be given out at the door. No pre-sale of extra tickets.
Each performer gets 2 free general admission tickets. Extra tickets $5 each.
To register, scroll to the bottom of this page.
The purpose of the Jazz Festival is to instill an appreciation of the jazz genre by exposing students to blues, boogie, ragtime, standards, and other jazz styles using composed pieces, original arrangements, and improvisation. CD accompaniments may be used. All solos must be memorized and performance ready. Ensemble performers may use printed music but no photocopies.
* 6 students/ensembles limit per teacher.
* 1 piece per student unless accompanying others.
* Piece must be between 1 and 3 minutes long.
* A limited number of performers will be accepted. Registration date will determine priority.
* Every participant must attend the entire AM or PM Program.
AM Program: 10:30 – 12:00
PM Program: 12:30 – 2:30
There will be a raffle at the end of each program. Winners must be present.
Students who don’t stay for their full program – either AM or PM, will be disqualified to participate next year.
Ensemble performers must be responsible for all of their equipment (music stands, special chairs, etc.) and must consult with the stage manager 15 minutes before the program starts.
The committee reserves the right to disqualify (or reject) selections which do not adhere to these guidelines. Feel free to call a committee member if you are unsure.
Students are encouraged to dress in an appropriate and unique manner to fit the music and the occasion, but NO jeans and NO athletic shoes are allowed on stage.
1. Teachers must first register themselves HERE. Make note of the amount due!
2. Teachers should then register their students, each with their own individual form HERE.
3. Pay online. Teachers should pay for all of their students with one payment. ONLINE BANKING is the preferred payment method for CAMTA, since there is no fee for the transaction. Please put JAZZ FEST and the teacher name in the message field.
OR PAYPAL (CAMTA incurs a fee for using this service). Click the “donate” button below. It will prompt you to log in to PayPal. Once you’re in, please “donate” the amount due from your teacher registration form.