39thANNUAL CAMTA ROBERTA SAVLER PIANO CONTEST
When: Sunday, May 5, 2019
Winners Recital May 12
Registration deadline: April 20, 2019
$35 per student for CAMTA member, $50 per student for non-CAMTA member
$10 per student for teachers who are not available for volunteer work
All fees are not refundable.
- Creston Rustic Dance Op. 24, No1
- P. Telemann Gigue in G major from Music for Millions Vol. 27
- Benda Sonatina III in a minor
- Gurlitt Dramatic Event
- Faber The Moons of Jupiter from The Developing Artist, book 3
- Martinu New Puppet (Shimmy) from masterwork Classics level 8
- S. Bach 2-part Invention in E major, BWV 777
- van Beethoven Bagatelle Op. 33, No 3 in F major
- MacDowell Alla tarantella Op. 39, No 2
- Papp Pebbles in the Water from Celebration Series perspectives, Etudes level 6
- Shchedrin Humoreske
from Celebration Series The Piano Odyssey Book 9
- S. Bach Sinfonia in b minor, BWV 801
- A. Mozart Variations on an Allegretto, K 54
- Field Nocturne in Bb major
- Debussy The Snow Is Dancing from Children’s Corner
- Ravel Valses Nobles et Sentimental No 6 and 7
- S. Bach Prelude and Fugue in G minor from Well Tempered Clavier, Vol. 1 BWV 861
- van Beethoven Sonata Op 90 in e minor,
- Mit Lebhaftigkeit und durchous mit Empfindung und Ausdruck
- Chopin Etude in Ab, posthumous
- Barber Nocturne Op. 33
Contest Rules and Regulations:
The contest is open to all students who are high school seniors or younger. There is no age restriction for any level. Students who previously placed 1st, 2nd or 3d in level A, B, or C, or 1st in level D are not eligible to compete again in the same level; however students who previously placed 2nd, or 3d in level D may reenter at the same level. Honorable Mention winners are not required to advance to the next level.
Contestants are to prepare 2 pieces: one required piece and one elective piece from the Choice list for their level. All pieces must be performed by memory. Editions mentioned in the repertoire list are for reference only; there are no specific edition requirements. Repeats may be taken at the discretion of the contestant and teacher unless otherwise indicated. DaCapo and Del Segno must be observed.
There are no restrictions for teachers regarding the number of entries. Each student may enter only one level and must be enrolled on the official application form, showing all required information.
All participating teachers are expected to make every effort to donate their time to monitor, help with contest setup, clean-up or help with the Winners recital. If it’s impossible to physically be present on the contest date, then you’ll have to include an additional $10 fee per student to pay for monitors in your place.
The contest application form must be completed online. The payments can be done online also, or mailed to:
1416 Derby Ln.
Mundelein IL 60060
Schedule will be emailed to teachers at the end of April.
All students will receive ribbons for participation on the day of the event. First, second and third place trophies will be awarded in each level.
First place score 98-100
Ties and Honorable mentions can be given at the judges’ discretion. If the number of entries in a division becomes excessively large, contestants may be split into two or more separate groups with 1st, 2nd, and 3d place winners in each group. Conversely, if a level has a small number of participants, fewer prizes may be awarded. At least three contestants are necessary for a contest in any division.
The decision of the judges is final. Results of the contest and judges’ comment sheets will be mailed to the teachers. The winning students’ teachers will be notified by the first Monday following the contest and told which piece should be performed at the recital. Trophies and Honorable mention certificates are distributed at the Winners recital.
With all inquiries please contact Regina Syrkin:
1. Teachers must first register themselves. Make note of the amount due!
2. Teachers should then register their students, each with their own individual form.
3. Pay online. Teachers should pay for all of their students with one payment. ONLINE BANKING is the preferred payment method for CAMTA, since there is no fee for the transaction. Please put SAVLER and the teacher name in the message field.
OR PAYPAL (CAMTA incurs a fee for using this service). Click the “donate” button below. It will prompt you to log in to PayPal. Once you’re in, please “donate” the amount due from your teacher registration form.