Yumy Kim, coordinator
Where: Sherwood Community Music School at Columbia College Chicago, 1312 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60605
Fee: $25 per solo ($35 for non-member); $28 per duet ($38 for non-member)
Teacher non-volunteer fee of $10 per student
Registration Deadline: December 15, 2017
Gold Medalists Recitals: Sunday, February 11, 2018
1:30pm, 3:00pm, & 4:30pm at Sherwood
- Requirement: Two contrasting movements of a sonatina or one movement (first or last) of a sonata. All compositions must be performed from memory without repeats. A copy of the music must be provided to the judges with every measure numbered; no photocopies are permitted.
- Judging: Festival participants will perform for two judges. The judges’ decision regarding scores are final. Medals are awarded for the following scores: Gold 96-100, Silver 91-95, Bronze 84-90.The judging room is open only to the contestant, judges and monitor. Teachers will receive their students’ written comment sheets and medals after the conclusion of the event.
- Warm-Ups: Contestants may play a brief warm-up before beginning their performance, such as a scale and/or cadence.
- Arrival: The Sherwood Music School will not have any practice rooms available prior to the contestant’s adjudication time so please arrive already warmed up and ahead of time to allow enough time for parking, restroom break, etc.
- Gold Medal Recitals: Participants who receive gold medals will be invited to perform at one of the recitals listed above.
1. Teachers must first register themselves HERE. Make note of the amount due!
2. Teachers should then register their students, each with their own individual form HERE.
3. Pay online. Teachers should pay for all of their students with one payment. ONLINE BANKING is the preferred payment method for CAMTA, since there is no fee for the transaction. Please put SONATA FEST and the teacher name in the message field.
OR PAYPAL (CAMTA incurs a fee for using this service). Click the “donate” button below. It will prompt you to log in to PayPal. Once you’re in, please “donate” the amount due from your teacher registration form.